Saturday, August 8, 2015

"Thought of the day" Munger Edition

Lifted from the front page of The Browser:

I never allow myself to have an opinion when I don’t know the other side’s argument better than they do 

The guy is scary-smart. And we usually like his thinking.

Long time readers know that not only am I a fan of the Warren and Charlie show*, I've read enough of their writings to be able to pull an appropriate quote when I need to.

Being a billionaire does not make Charlie a genius, it makes him rich.**...
*"I didn't set out in life to become the assistant leader of a cult."
-Mr. Munger at the 2007 Wesco annual meeting as recorded
by T2 Partners' Whitney Tilson

**"Think about it a little more and you will agree with me because you're smart and I'm right."
--Mr. Munger quoted in "Damn Right: Behind the Scenes with..."