Saturday, March 11, 2017

Remember Those Simpler Times When Bill Gates' Kids Would Sing "Billionaire" to Him?

Of course the song came out a couple years after Bill retired and his children, ages 9-15 at the time of the story were probably getting tired of his hanging around the house all the time.
Here's the 2008 retirement video at that year's CES:


And our 2011 post, "Bill Gates’ Children Mock Him With ‘Billionaire’ Song":
From The Wealth Report:
Lots of people have poked fun at Bill Gates over the years, from David Letterman to Bill himself (here on his “last day” video.)
His children get to make fun of their dad every day. Often, in song.

According to this article in London’s Daily Mail, Gates’ children’s favorite way to taunt dad is to sing him “Billionaire,” by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars.

“The Billionaire song is what my kids tease me with,” he said. “They sing it to me. It’s funny.”
For those unfamiliar with the song, here are some lyrics, some of which Gates happily sang to the interviewer.

(BRUNO)
“I wanna be a billionaire so frickin bad
Buy all of the things I never had
I wanna be on the cover of Forbes Magazine
Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen

...MORE
I'm reminded of this post from 2008:...
So why the trip down memory lane wary reader might ask?

Between the Korea expert having his oh so serious BBC interview photo-bombed by his kids last week and the following story I was thinking who else wanted to tie up the lovable urchins and stuff them in a closet til they turned 18?  Bill.

From SXSW CNN's Jake Tapper via the Hollywood Reporter:


Ana Marie Cox and Jake Tapper
"[My son] now does an impression where whenever I'm bothering him he says, fake news," the CNN host told MTV's Ana Marie Cox....MORE